03 September 2010

August Books

Seeing as its only shortly into September, I thought that I'd tell you about my August books rather than doing a check-up on my September goals.

Books I finished in August:

57.  Paper Towns by John Green  ****  I thought it was an enjoyable book, although it felt like the middle third was a different book than the first and last thirds.

58.  The Wall by Peter Sis  ***  Good, great art, nothing spectacular, but a good and interesting read.  

59.  The Adoration of Jenna Fox  by Mary E. Pearson  ****  A thought provoking and philosophical sci fi novel.

60.  Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child ****  A solid addition to the Jack Reacher books.

61.  The Arrival by Shaun Tan ****  A fantastic wordless graphic novel that is beautifully illustrated and tells an important and universally understood story.

62.  Eva by Peter Dickinson **  eh.

63.  Nothing to Lose by Lee Child ****  Again, another solid Reacher book.

64.  Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork  ****  Good sight into the mind of a teen with Asperger syndrome and a solid but predictable story.

65.  Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins *****  This is the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy and while others had mixed views on this, I thought it was great.  I don't think Collins could have come up with a better ending and I feel satisfied about the series as a whole.  And please Suzanne Collins,  DO NOT write any more books to the series, despite how much I loved them, any more would detract from this story.

And two bonus books that I forgot to add into my tallies somehow!

66.  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling *****  I think this is at least my 7th reading of the book and I still love it.  I'm almost done with the third one again. :)

67.  Drive by Daniel H. Pink ** This book had good ideas, but I felt like it could have been a much shorter summary. 

Well now that I remember these other two books, it seems I was closer to my August goal than I thought!  This doesn't change my goals for September, it just means I'm a tiny bit closer.  Only have to read eight more books instead of ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment