07 December 2010

School is nearing the end

This past weekend was the last weekend of my online and weekend class.  I spent almost the entire weekend down at school sitting in a classroom.  The down side is that's a lot of school all at once, the upside is I had a great teacher and with that weekend done I'm two assignments and an hour of class away from getting my Masters degree!  YAY!!!  Its been a long haul through this education thing, but it will be worth it in the end.  What this means is that I've been loose with my budget lately (I keep telling myself I'm getting a raise in a few weeks and loan payments don't start for 6 months) and kinda out of it in general.  Call it senioritis.  I need to get myself back on track financially and figure out what life will be like without class, but I have the feeling that I won't be able to do it in December with the holidays and birthdays throwing a wrench into things.  We'll see.  I'll be happy if I just get a new budget worked up this month. 


I've also been dealing with all sorts of medical stuff and have 2 appointments tomorrow (a final checkup with the dentist and x-rays and consultation with the oral surgeon) and will be likely getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in January.  Sigh.

On the flip side of it all, I'm excited to be moving into a new stage of my life, taking care of things that need to be addressed, and hopefully adding more and selling more on my etsy shop. I just signed up for a Biggest Loser competition with my local park district and while I don't know if I have enough to lose to be able to win, I'm excited for the inspiration to get on track with my physical self and learn from the weekly sessions.  It starts in January so I'll keep you guys in the loop on how I'm doing every week.  2010 is coming to a close and 2011 has some promising new starts to a new phase of my life.  I just need to stay positive about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment