17 November 2010

Ahh the Dentist



I spent last Friday morning at the Dentist's office.  Woooo.  :|


In my entire life, I have been to the dentist once.  It may have actually been twice, but for one issue.  When I was in 4th grade I chipped my 2 front teeth and had to have caps put on.  That was the only time
I've been to the dentist, until last Friday.  Now that I have steady insurance (I didn't for most of my life) I decided it was time to suck it up and see the dreaded dentist.  I made an appointment on Monday and was able to get in at a dentist a few of my co-workers recommended right away.  Friday morning I took a Xanax so I didn't have a panic attack in the chair and ventured to one of my most dreaded experiences. 

I was right to dread it so much.

While the people at the office were super super nice and the facilities were great, I got not so great news.  I have to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled.  Four.  Thats a LOT of money and a procedure that totally freaks me out!  Obviously I'm sucking it up and dealing with it.  I don't want to mess up my teeth.  But it was not the news I wanted to hear.

On top of the wisdom teeth, I had to have the bottom half of my mouth deep cleaned which was expensive (as mentioned in the weekly money checkup) and I have to go back this Friday to have the same thing done to the top half of my mouth.  AND they told me I need to have my frenlum cut (the piece of tissue that connects my lip to my gum) AND we haven't even discussed cavities yet (which I'm sure I have at least one or two of).

Sigh.  This is what I get for trying to take care of my health :|


 Photo Credit: Flickr user Mattlemmon

No comments:

Post a Comment