31 August 2010

It's been a long week...

It’s been a while since I last posted.  I have been way busy this past week and without internet until last night.  My week off was nice.  I spent one day at a local amusement park and one at the zoo.  The other two were filled with packing and IKEA shopping for the new apartment.  And of course, the weekend was moving and unpacking. 

I was keeping track of money, but forgot to write anything down and promptly forgot.  I know I was doing well up until the move, so I suspect if I went over my $100 budget it was by $10-$20 max. 

The new apartment is still in disarray.  There are boxes everywhere and flattened boxes that need to be taken out to the dumpster, but it is slowly being put in order.  At least my kitchen is in enough order that I haven’t eaten out since Sunday morning which is good for both my budget and my waistline. 

In great financial news- I found out I got a scholarship for fall semester for $1200!  That’s only $100 less than my loan was short.  Unfortunately, I already put it on my credit card and paid the 4% charge to do a 0% interest balance transfer, but it is still looking good.  The money won’t disburse until late September, but I should be able to pay off that pesky credit card debt right away or at least come darn close.  More on that in the September Goals post though!

I’ll post a review of how I did on my August goals and my goals for September tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment