12 August 2010

The Baseline

I feel it is only proper to start off this relationship with where I sit now.


My debt:

Undergrad Student Loans: The agreement was that my parents would pay for school on the back end. So far they give me some money here and there to help, but the majority of the payoff was all me.

Starting: 12,641
Current: 6,050

Grad School Student Loans: 3 loans in total 2 subsidized and 1 unsubsidized (my parents will not be helping me with these)

Starting: 26,000
Current: 26,000

Car Loan: Okay, so I probably didn’t need the new car I bought 2 months ago, but I got a super low APR, and I deserved it! I spend so much time commuting that it was worth it to me to buy a car I loved that gets FABULOUS mpg.

Starting: 22,000
Current: 21,360

Credit Card: This debt is half consumer debt and half a school payment that wasn’t covered by my loan. It is currently sitting on a card with a promotional 0% APR until my statement closes in April.

Starting: 2600
Current: 2600

My Health:

I’m short. I’m only 5’3” and therefore according to all the dr. charts I should only weight 125-135. From past experience I feel healthy and mostly good at 135 which is my goal. I wouldn’t be opposed to being 125, but we’ll see if I want to shoot for 10 pounds lighter when I make it to 135. At my current weight that means I have about 30-45 pounds to lose. I have never been this heavy before in my life and it does not make me happy.

A note to add to this is that recent tests seem to suggest that I have hypothyroidism which can cause weight gain, which would likely explain the fact that I am 20 pounds heavier this year than I was last year. Hopefully this will all get sorted out next week and I can start a medication that will help me take off the weight and resolve some of the other issues I’m having that are likely being caused by my thyroid.


Next Up: My Goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment