13 August 2010

Goals

Yesterday I told you where I’m at in terms of finances and health, today I’ll be sharing where I want to be.

My Debt:

Undergrad loan- I’m hoping to have this paid off (with a little help from my parents) by April 2011 at the latest. That will allow me to only be paying off my grad loans and start a few months early.

Grad School Loans- I will start paying these off as soon as my undergrad is done, or June 2011 at the latest. I plan to pay off extra on the smallest loan first, which would be the 7000 I owe to Direct Loans and then transfer my extra payments to the higher loan. My goal is to have these paid off by June 2014.

Car Loan- Because this has the lowest interest of all my loans, I do not plan on putting anything extra towards it until the student loans are paid off. My loan is scheduled to finish being paid in July 2015, but I hope to pay it off at least a few months early and finish in December of 2014. I will likely then upgrade to a newer version of my current car and start the loan over again (although a smaller loan since I will have a higher value trade in)

Credit Card- This is top priority for me, since the interest will go up come April 2011. I will have it paid off before then. I’m hoping to have it finished off in October 2010.

My Health:

I would like to lose 35 pounds by the end of December. This puts the average at a little less than 2 pounds a week. This is my optimistic goal. A more realistic goal would likely be to have that lost by April 2011, but I’m shooting for December and not beating myself up if I fail!

Looks like April 2011 will be a big month for me!! All these goals (hopefully) coming to fruition!

Misc:

I am in the process of working through my 2010 goal of reading 100 books this year. I am currently at 62 books and counting! If it wasn’t for the two lit classes I’ve taken this summer, there would be no way I could be doing so well with how busy I am. My commute filled with audiobooks also really helps.

Next Time at Whooshing Sounds: A more detailed August goals

No comments:

Post a Comment