16 August 2010

Staycation Plans

My staycation with Wesley is scheduled to start a week from tomorrow. Unfortunately, it’s looking like he’ll wind up working for a few hours on Wednesday, but we have some exciting plans nonetheless. We also have some boring plans, as I suspect we both will need to do more packing before the 28th move-in date. I’m still excited about having almost a week off of work and school though!

Plans for my time off (and expenses):

1. Eating breakfast at our favorite local diners ($20 for 2 breakfasts out)

2. A day at the local amusement park ($10- we got free tickets, we can drink free water, we can walk there, but we’ll likely spend a little money on snacks or a meal at the fast food place across the street)

3. A night camping (this may or may not happen, but I’d expect around $25 for food, a camping spot, and gas)

4. Trip to a zoo (we have two zoo options for this, one would run around $5 to get there and get in, the other would run around $10 to get there and get in. Plus another $10 to eat lunch out works out to $15-20)

5. Walks and bike rides (free! There are plenty of places to go on walks around us as well as bike ride and we plan to take advantage of it)

6. Movies and TV (free! we plan to spend plenty of time lounging around and relaxing in front of the TV set)

7. Frisbee golf (free! Plenty of frisbee golf courses in the area and I hope to try out a few I haven’t been to)

Total expected cost: $65-$70 out of the $100 I have budgeted


I expect that the camping will fall through and we’ll go to the more expensive zoo (since there is a restaurant we love near there) so it will probably be closer to $45 spent. And seeing myself so far under budget I’ll probably bump that back up to $65 with a few more meals out :) Having the extra $35 leftover in the budget is good though, it gives me extra cash if the move turns out to be more expensive than expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment